Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Jeenu's Friends

Since yesterday night i have been thinking about my friends from india..i was looking through some of the old photos from "singhara chennai" ..:)
so decided to blog about some of my good buddies... we were a gang of 8 and the first one iam gonna blog abt is V
i have known V for almost 9 years now..we did our undergrad together in MCC and the first time i met him in the college i got a feeling that he is a" Rowdy" and i was also opinionated enough to voice that out to ppl in my class and eventually V to came know about it ..after that he always made sure he acted like one in front of me even now he kids me about it all the time:)...one thing that really caught my attention was his sense of humour..he can make any one laugh..even our Grumpy maths ma'am found him very funny and was always partial to him...
The first that we had a good arguement and probably the first time i talked to him for more than 5 mins :) was after a maths class where he got me in to trouble ..he as usual was making some really funny comments in the back rows and i unfortunately was sitting right before him..his sense of timing was so good i could not help but laugh at his antics in the back seat and our Ma'am saw me giggling away and in front of entire class chastened me for not paying attention and to my amazement pointed to V right behind me as said that i must pay more attention to class like him.. i was so mad that at the end of the class i just screamed bloody murder at him...probably the first time i has seen him speechless too...
he came and apologized next day but i was still mad and continued to ignore that dude..until we got in to the same college for our Masters program..i had to move in to hostel for that and i was pretty home sick most of the times..( sometimes just plainly sick from the hostel food :D )
i guess he was feeling that too and we just kinda become buddies.. he was the best friend that i could have asked for..there were times when i was very upset he always found a way to make me laugh...always there for me when i needed a friend...i still remember the times when i will be busy working late and night and dying of hunger and he will just come over to my lab with hot samosa's...or just the times i used to make fun of rajnikant becos it plainly irked him:)
the impromptu trips to besant nagar beach..."Sigh" pattani sundal on the beach....:)
V also got in to an university in the east coast and we are in constant touch with each other...he also came and visited me this may..and it was fun..with him as with couple of my old friends whenever we all talk or together it seems like we are in a time capsule ..not matter how long it has been we have not called each other..just a Hi seems to be enough to realise how close we are all together..:)
to my buddies
cheers
jeenu

6 comments:

Ginkgo said...

yaa, Im sure..meeting old friends brings in its share of happiness and good natured
banter..

We seem to remember each others past crushes and how those crushes treated u with
scant respect..

Of course, time adds spice to most stories..but then thats wat makes revisiting
past stories and past friends all the more fun..

jeenu said...

past crushes???
iam kinda lost on that one Gi...:)
jeenu

vi said...

Jeenu,
v seems like an interesting chap! (but then again anyone with "v" in their name/handle is special ;)
Reading your blog was like a walk down memory lane for me too!

vi

jeenu said...

hi Vi
well would love to read about ur experiences with V :)
cheers
jeenu

Bhole said...

Jeenu,

Reminded me of good ole days :)

Maybe i should call my friends :)

Bhole

jeenu said...

hi bhole
well u def should..guppe shuppe with the old buddies are the best way to catch up :)
cheers
jeenu