Friday, October 07, 2005

E and me :)

I woke up in the middle of night yesterday to the "Hungarian dance tune"( my cell phone ring tone) I was in my dream land and was pulled rudely from there ..."sigh"..It was E calling and I was not in a great mood to be woken up in the middle of the night..and I said "Hello"
then E said " Hello" we played the back and forth hello couple of more times and then I was at my wits end and as nicely as possible I asked him if that is all our conversation for night is gonna be ...becos like any sane person who has to get to work in the morning by 8 I need my 7 hours of beauty sleep... He then realized that he is three hours behind me and apologized and I felt bad for talking to him like that so I said it is ok( I always try to accommodate for E ) and we just started talking about the first time he called me in US ..That was also in the middle of night for me ...So on and so forth...Needless to say I did not come in to work at 8 today morning :)
Anyways E is the third guy in the group of eight ..and he is in Seattle ...I dont actually remember the first time I met E but he says that I came to his college during undergrad for some cultural festival and that he and another guy were our guide there ....I don't have a clue to that incident ever..
Anyways the time I met E in the masters was in our class room...After the college had started out for couple of days..We had that really boring quantum chemistry class and it usually was after lunch and the prof teaches the class using a projector so the windows were shut and no light...iam sure half the junta here can imagine the consequence of such sequence of events...most of us doze off...other then than weird few who actually seem to understand the class...E was sitting in the first row I think and suddenly in the middle of the class Prof M looks at him and asks E are u feeling sleepy and that guy actually says yes and the prof asked him if he wants to wash his face and come and E actually sat there thinking about it and after a min said ok and left the class and he came back 20 mins later just in time for the class to get over...I found that incident to be funny..
anyways E and V ( the guy) were great friends so whenever V used to come and talk to me ya visit me in the hostel E used to tag along...He was very shy person and was not that communicative at all...when V is around he can tolerate the company of gals but in absence of V he gets pretty uneasy...So he just runs away from there ..and I mean it literally...there were discussions in the hostel between the girls in our class as to what this guy will do if we all corner him in the third floor and A always said he probably will jump off from the building if he cant reach the stairs...
anyways that was how he was in first two semesters..and then one day V asked me to come to canteen with him for tea and along with V and E also tagged along....We started talking about movies and books and stuff and I was amazed at how much E knew all about it..He just could not stop talking and after 3 hours ..I knew that we will great friends......That was the day he started talking and I just could not get him to stop till now ...hehehehehehe...
I learnt about lot of things that have happened to him and the reason why he is so painful shy and such an introvert...more l learnt more I respected the guy....I could sometimes see in the way he talks all the emotional scars there...and how he tries to make the best of what he has....all in all he is a great friend of mine and I hope that his future will make up for all his losses in the past ....
cheers
jeenu

7 comments:

vi said...

Jeenu,
You seem like an ideal person to befriend...and so does E

vi

jeenu said...

hi Vi
well iam not ideal by any chance..i have a faults huge ones at that..well one thing that can tick off ppl is that iam very anal..everything in its place and a place for everything..well i think my blogs seem to make me or the ppl i write abt seem like that..but we all have our faults after all we are humans..when i write i think i like to write abt the positive things...i guess...
i dunno ..iam pretty new to blogging..may be with time u can see all the negative stuff in me :)
cheers
jeenu

Ginkgo said...

The only outcome for me….

Im gonna forget the order of my Alphabets. After A, I will most probably say E followed closely by V.

And Im gonna lay the blame squarely on ya for that…

jeenu said...

well Gi see u seem to be totally conditioned by the society ..who said that alphabets have to be in that order..;)
cheers
jeenu

Bhole said...

Jeenu,

Anyways E is the third guy in the group of eight - One question :)

You started with V the guy..then you talked about V the girl and now E the guy...so isn't he the 2nd guy :)

Bhole

aria said...

"I hope that his future will make up for all his losses in the past ...."

Amen ...!
nice blog

jeenu said...

hi Bhole,
well i have this bad habit of saying guys to refer to my friends of both the sexes...so yeah he is 2nd guy....:)
hi ffbw
thanks for dropping by...
cheers
jeenu