Wednesday, November 02, 2005

So like my dad :D

I was talking to my mama( a very distant relation of ours iam not even sure how he is related but for convenience sake i call him mama..makes him happy and i dont have to rack my brain to figure out how he is related...:D) yesterday to wish him on diwali and his mom has come to visit him and since me being a very nice girl wanted to talk to patti ( grandma) and i talked to her for about 15 mins and after which she exclaimed that u are so like jambu( my dad)..at that moment i dont know for some reason i felt so happy that someone thought i was like my dad..:)
My dad has always been a source of inspiration for me since i was a kid ..i know we all must have had " my dad is the greatest in the world " feeling when we were kids..but i still feel like that even now...he is a very hard working, diligent and pretty smart in wat he did....there were times when i was growing up i will ask him something and if he knew wat it was he will always explain it to me in a way i understand and if he did not know that he told me he will look it up and he always found an answer for me ...i remember the time when he woke me up at 3 in the morning to show me jupiter that was visible in the night sky i must have been about 10 years at that time ...... as i was standing in our back yard that october morning as dad went on talking about jupiter and how it is the biggest planet in the solar system and all its moons ...i felt so lucky to have him in my life..that feeling is so fresh in my mind..it was a very magical moment for me..after that we both had a glass of bournvita and we were talking about stars and space crafts and aliens...it was so perfect..
He was the one who taught me how to play badmiton and in summers always used to play a game with me in the evenings..at night we used to go for walks after dinner (i think we used to do that since i was about 10 years to till the last night i was in india) and he will talk to me about his youth ..ya tell me about things that happened that day at his work and i will talk to him about my things..sometimes we talk about religion, philisophy,politics..but i loved talking to him about science..as i grew up and went to college our discussions were sometimes my monologue on research and experiments and he used to tell me iam talking about stuff that he cant understand but still i will keep rambling on and on becos it felt good....i still do that whenever i call india...
He is not without faults..but he has been a good dad and a greats friend to me..so when someone told me that i was like him ..i felt like i have the noble prize bestowed to me :)
cheers
jeenu

9 comments:

Thanu said...

I know our dads have a special place in our heart. I remember seeing an Hallmark ad where the girl says Dad ishte first guy she fell in love with. That is so true.

jeenu said...

i totally agree with u thanu..he is the first guy in our life and it is also said that a girl always looks for her dad's traits in the guy she is gonna marry too :)
cheers
jeenu

Ginkgo said...

a girl always looks for her dad's traits in the guy she is gonna marry too :)

Now....Are u sure u wanna have that there:)

vi said...

Jeenu,
Nice touching blog...when my dad is around (he visits every year!) I always don't act my age...act/feel like a 7 year old!

LOL@ at being a nice girl wanting to talk to grandma!

vi

Bhole said...

Everytime I talk to my dad's aunty (my grandmother's sister) she says it feels like i am talking to your dad....your voice is exactly the same as your dad's.

Nandya said...

when i was young and wise...like when i was in the 9th standard and my voice started breaking....

then all my sisters friends when they called and i took the phone...they thought my voice was so deep and manly and they mistook me for DAD....u dont know how my ego used to bloat up....ha ha ha ha lol....

jeenu said...

hey Gi
i said "it is said that" a girl looks for a guy like her dad ( subconciously)..iam not meaning ya implying anything..
hey Vi
i feel the same around my dad :D
hey Bhole and nandu
i also feel so happy when someone says thta u r trait is like dad :)
cheers
jeenu

aria said...

Well everyone says girls feel closer to dads n guys are mostly mamma's boys. I was my dad's girl too but my sis was mom's girl. Everyone said I looked like mother n sis looked like dad .. that irritated me as a kid. I wanted to look my father so whoever said I resembled him - was always in my good books :)
Very sweet post jeenu

Ananth said...

That was a very sweet post. Btw, that post left me envious of you for obvious reasons...
Anyways, good job.