Monday, November 07, 2005

Flirting ..???

Today started as any other monday for me..u know feeling the hangover from the weekend ( before u all jump to any conclusion..when i said hangover i meant from excessive sleeping:D)and i dragged myself to lab today morning and as i was getting ready to do somework that might get me Noble prize one day ( mostly have to work so they dont kick me out of the lab) my cowrker in the lab starts his usual thing ..now this french dude here in my lab is a charmer and is always flirting with every single female in the lab and the fact that he is married and has a cute baby girl does not stop him ..most of the times it is pretty harmless like.."hey sweetie..did not feel like working yesterday as u were not here in the lab..and now that u are here..i dont feel like working either.." "wink"
But sometimes it can really get on my nerves like "so how many times did u have sex this weekend??" and stuff like that...and when i ask him to stop he usually says hey its all in fun....
so it got me thinking..wat exactly is flirting??? where is the boundary for tht???can ppl flirt and still be friends??
do we flirt becos we want to express our interest in the other person and gauge their reaction in a subtle way???
can flirting be harmful for ones health ??;)
Hmmmm..
heavy stuff for monday morning i guess
cheers
jeenu

18 comments:

Rays Of Sun said...

Jeens baby!

Well, the fact that he is married with a kid, itself does not stop a man from flirting. I have seen men at age of 40 who are more sleazy than young men.Flirting is fine until a certain extent, but not when he starts bomarding you questions concerning your personal life. Sometimes, some people flirt in such a harmless manner that its actually admirable but at times they talk in such a manner that you wantt to give them one tight slap!
I guess flirting is an art, only few know how to do it well:)

jeenu said...

Hey ROS sweetie,
i think u figured out the fine art well ;)
but i agree with guys over 40 some of them flirt is with flair and others are just plain sleazy..
having a chill day kya
cheers
jeenu

Nandya said...

i guess its all in the intent...and how comfortable ur with it...other than that..its just harmless jab..

jeenu said...

ok nandy
watever u say boss:P
cheers
jeenu

Thanu said...

As long as flirting is harmless it is k. There is a limit, if someone asked me personl questions like how many times I had sex, I would snap back with the response, definitly more than you. If u get uncomfortable, just let them know, "Seriously I can not stand this talk."

-thanu

Ginkgo said...

ah...thts looks like my specialization..:-)

well...for you to figure out, I'll have to show ya ;-)

But am not sure if I qualify, by your standards..

I dont have kids, nor am I married..chalega kya:-P

Ginkgo said...

lolz..thanu..
goin from your remarks it prolly is a question of comfort levels..and it shd rightly be so..:-)

maybe another time, when in a different mood, you would have said, " sigh..I have just 10 fingers..dunno how to count anymore.." :-)

Thanu said...

ginkgo

Or I wud have scoffed and said only amateurs keep count OR I lost the count like after saturday morning...

I got a million come backs to out these guys back down.

Bhole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bhole said...

First y'all said ....40 + men are hot and now flirting ;) What's up with you gals? :)

Rays Of Sun said...

Bhole, Who said 40+ men are hot..I hope its not me..I dont even remember having said something like that:D

jeenu said...

hey thanu
i agree with u on it being a matter of comfort but when u are at work it becomes essential to be a little diplomatic too..:(
hey Gi
well those kinda of come backs seem to encourage him a lot more..and his comments gets even more coarse..he is a piece of work..
hey bhole
not all 40 + guys are hot..only a special few are and when they flirt with u they do it with flair...there is this cute prof in chem engg dept here.."sigh" he is such a charmer..i think max girl students are in his class :D
hey ROS
got something against 40+ guys kya???dish it gal
cheers
jeenu

jeenu said...

hey Bhole
why did u remove u r comment???
jeenu

Rays Of Sun said...

hey jeens!

I bet none can take my blog on 40+ men:))))

Bhole said...

ROS - I think it was Jeenu and Vi who said 40 + men were hot :)

Vi - Where are you? Zara ROS ko samjhaoo ke why 40 + mean are hot :)

Jeenu dear - Its the same comment...just reworded it :)

jeenu said...

hey Bhole and ROS
i said some 40+ men are hot and have panache..not all :D
cheers
jeenu

aria said...

hehe .. it was on my blog - I think jeenu n Vi said 40 plus men have "something special"

Looks like I missed the discussion here ... but had fun reading the blog n comments.

Sayesha said...

I agree with what Thanu says!