Thursday, November 17, 2005

Nilay days-3

“So what do u think of Abhay??” Subha asked Janvi as they were cleaning the dining table. Abhay had just left, the tea party had lasted for more than 2 hours
“ he seems to be a nice guy” janvi said and looked up at subha
“wat do u think of him “
Subha said “he is very charming and he is very smart..”
“oh I see” Janvi smiled mischievously “ may be I need to call someone’s parents in madras and let them know that their daughter has found a right guy” Subha blushed “there is nothing like that and I met him only three months back “
“So may be couple of more months and then u will know for sure hena??” janvi asked with mock seriousness and both the girls started laughing.
“His roommate Nilay is also a great guy. He has been in US for more than 10 years now..” subha said
“ oh I see “ janvi replied
“yet he has retained his core Indian culture values and beliefs..he does not drink or smoke and he is very religious too. He is part of the Hindu students association here “ subha said.
“well not drinking and smoking does not mean that he is all Indian values” janvi replied
“I have seen some of the desi guys here, they act all goody goody in front of girls just to impress them but reality is something else..But that does not mean Nilay is also like that” janvi said “ anyways I don’t know him so I can’t say anything about him..But being cautious is not gonna hurt anyone right??”
“yeah. But after talking to Nilay I don’t think he is like that” subha said earnestly.
Janvi placed the tea cups in the cupboard and turned around and asked“hey tomorrow is Halloween there is this kid’s costume party in the lawn in the evening want to go ??” “sure” said Subha.

“Madam you are late and now we are late for the party at the lawn “ subha sounded upset
“sorry yaar advisor wanted to have an update on experiments and u know how he is ..Once he starts he does not stop..Anyways if we hurry up we can catch the costume party in downtown”
“Ok” subha brightened up visibly
“let me just freshen up ok “ janvi said and as janvi was getting ready subha kept on chatting about how she saw some people dressed in costumes all day
“ ..and there was this guy in my department who was dressed as tomato and it was so funny…may be we can dress up in some costume too..”
“well madam I think it is too late..anyways I think u look cute in these gray jeans “janvi said smilingly.
”u know I met abhay today and he told me that tumhari roommate mast cheez hai yaar” and subha started giggling
“that proves one thing” janvi said “he is a pucca flirt ..anyways madam lets get moving..” “ so how are we going to the downtown??” subha asked.
”we can take the trolley to downtown..”janvi said
“hey J is it ok if we ask Nilay to come along with us ..??” subha asked .
.”well may be he has other plans u know subha..??”
“ I know he does not when I was waiting for you to come I was talking to him ..”
“Ok ..u can call and ask him if he wants to join us ..” janvi said..
subha started dialing Nilay’s number and then she hung up.
.”wat happened ??” Janvi asked.
“well u know Nilay he is always pulling my leg and playing a prank on me all the time..now I think I want to play one on him” subha said “ well what do u want to do ?” janvi asked.
” well if u don’t mind can u talk to him he does not know your voice..u can tell him that you are a very old friend of his and that u are in town ..and then proceed from there on….go with the flow sister..hehehehe” subha was so excited that she was talking really fast..
“whoa. madam slow down ..first of all I don’t know him that well wat if he gets serious and also..i don’t know him well enough to play a prank on him..” janvi said..” “please..please for me yaar..he has been putting one over me for a long time..please only one time and if he starts getting serious u can hang up and he will never know who called ..” subha started pleading janvi.
“ok but if he gets mad u are gonna talk to him and explain it to him..is that a deal??” janvi asked
“anything you say may dear roomie..” subha jumped and hugged janvi and then started dialing nilay’s number..when the phone started ringing ..she handed the phone over to janvi
“hello”
“hi can I talk to Nilay???”
“ this is Nilay”
“ hey Nilay how are u yaar??? Long time yaar really long time..how are u ?? how is life?? Pehachana muje??” subha was giggling so badly in that janvi had to sush her.
“..I am..fine..sorry I don’t recognize you..”
“well now this is bad..after all the allo paratha u ate at our place..i cant believe that u cant remember me…Hmm…this is bad and here I was excited to meet u ..this is bad..really bad..i feel so bad now..” janvi sounded a little upset..all the while subha was grinning so badly that she looked like an ad for close up tooth paste..
“hey are u sanju’s sister neha…” nilay said hesistatingly
“well u should be more than sorry..after all the things that we have been through …anyways if I was a pretty girl iam sure u would have remembered me..so typical like a guy ..paying attention only to pretty girls..”
“ it is nothing like that…” nilay sounded so confused and also apologetic…” can u now please tell me who you are..”
“look at the tone u are talking to me in…I really cant believe that I thought u will remember me..” janvi sniffled a bit..
“hey iam really sorry..” nilay said in a low voice..
Subha then started laughing hysterically and immediately nilay picked it on the phone” well if it is not Ms Subha trying to play a prank on me..”
Subha got the phone and said “ well tit for tat I got you this time..hehehehe..”
“ no u did not I knew all along it was you..” nilay said
“well it was not me but my roommate janvi that u were talking to.” Subha said
“ Oh I see.” Nilay sounded surprised.
“anyways me and J are thinking of going to downtown wanna come with us to see the costume party there..???”
“oh ..well I don’t want to be kabab main haddi between 2 roomies down time “ nilay said
“hey it is ok ..we will definitely appreciate your company..wont we janvi” subha said thrusting the phone in janvi’s hand.
“hey” janvi said “ sorry about that stuff I said earlier..it was all subha’s idea..”
“ No way I just gave the initial suggestion then she took it all the way “ subha quipped in
“yeah it will be nice if u can join us ..but if u have other plans then it is ok..” janvi said
“well if it no problem to you girls then I will definitely join “ nilay replied enthusiastically..
“ ok see u soon . bye..here subha wants to talk to you “ said janvi
“okie Nilay ji kripaya please come here on time atleast this once..ok” subha giggled
“well iam always on time..” nilay said indignantly
“remember the lunch plan the other day..when me and abhay said take your time to get to amigo’s we meant 15-20 mins not an whole hour..” subha said
“well it was you guys fault..never mentioned anytime limits..” nilay said
“well dumbo get here in another 20 mins ok ..” subha said
“well takes one to know one..hehehe..chalo see u girls in 15 mins..bye”

13 comments:

vi said...

Jeenu...
i am curious to knowq what happens next :)

vi

Nandya said...

this looks like a 650 episode "kyunki nilay bhi tha" never ending story..

excellent flow...natural....but madam are u ever thinking of ending it sometime...

jeenu said...

hey Vi
thanks yaar
nandu bhai
iam thinking of 12 parts..:))
cheers
jeenu

Rays Of Sun said...

wowow! man jeenu..very engrossing..I was listening to songs..switched it off and started reading...
It seems as if all this is happening in front of me:)

Very nice, girl:)

Hey Nandu,
Please dont say anything that will make jeenu take this one off now:(

Please be patient..am sure it will be worth the wait...

jeenu said...

hey ROS
thanks for you support yaar..
nandu
do u know patience is a virtue :)
cheers
jeenu

aria said...

Jeenu waiting for the 4th part ..
For the time being 3 cheers for gripping everyones curiosity :)

jeenu said...

hey aria
thanks for the support..
cheers
jeenu

Ginkgo said...

Hey Jeens

U write pretty well ' yaar' :-D

pretty gayous post..

oopz I meant joyous post...:-p

jeenu said...

hey Gi
was wondering wat u you were up to..HEHEHE..
cheers
jeenu

Ginkgo said...

watcha mean??? :-)

Kiran said...

After reading few lines of Nilay days-3, I cudn't stop reading 1 & 2...

I can say, impressive writing.

rik.

Bhole said...

Waiting for parts 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 :)

jeenu said...

hey rik and bhole
thanks for the input and support ..:D
cheers
jeenu