Thursday, March 16, 2006

Missing...

When i woke up today morning..i could not exactly remember where i was..it was not my room in chennai that much i realized and then i took me more than 2 mins more to realize that iam not in india..but in US..
that got me really depressed and no matter how much i tried to cheer myself up i kept remembering small small things about home and it got me in even more bad mood..and not to mention added to that fact one of my american lab mate kept cribbing to me that she has not seen her family in 3 months and how unfair it was.
I literally had to bite my tongue to keep from saying something sarcastic...also it seems that all the desi ppl in my university have decided to go home this time of year..becos everyone comes over to tell me how happy they are that they are gonna go home...and why i should go home too for a visit..
People it is not as if i dont want to go home..i do..i terribly miss getting up in morning listening to my amma humming bajans...i miss the warm complan that amma makes for me ( somehow no matter how much i try it just does not taste right here..), i miss picking up Indian express and seeing my dad had marked out some articles that i might find interesting...i miss walking along the paddy fields close to home thinking about inconsequential things...I miss talking to my dad about every small inconsequential thing that happened to me that day...
to sum it all up i miss being a kid..:(
just felt like ranting...now i feel a little better that i had written it down :)
jeenu

10 comments:

Rays Of Sun said...

hey babes..
ruk let me read

Rays Of Sun said...

I can understand girl! Dont worry..You shall go soon..
And sometimes it helps to turn a deaf ear to everything in your sorroundings!
Maybe its just one of those days in both of our lives today...
I know ho much ever we remind ourselves that we have chosen this life, it hits us one day!
Remember that theres someone in the world who is missing all of these too..
P.S:- and you know what I miss!

Thanu said...

Yaar this is life and a part of growing up. B4 I got married I stayed with my parents and after work I would coem home sit on the couch watch tv and then mom would call me for dinner. I would go wash up and go eat.

Now, after work my mind goes what left overs are there that I can kaam chalofy today with? If there is nothing, what can I make? To make this do I have everything? If not I should stop at the grocery store b4 i get home.

Write a letter (not email, a hand written letter) to your folks when u miss them and mail it, u'll feel a lot better.

jeenu said...

hey rays
thanks girlie
feeling def a lot better today :)
hey thanu
feeling a lot better today..that is a good idea..have never written a letter to them ever :D
cheers
jeenu

vi said...

Jeenu,
I hear ya!
Take care :)

vi

donthecat said...

Hi,

This is Muralikrishnan (Don) from the Class of 1981 English Literature. Got your mail ID from a Google Blog search.

On September 15th, 2003 I launched a site titled DeepWoods 80s, meant for the 81 Alumni of MCC. Now the site has grown into a platform to interact and to connect again, not just for the 80s crowd but for XMCC from almost all batches. We have something like 500 MB and though the core focus would be centric to the 80s, the site would now be accessible by just about anyone who grew into sensible people in those mind-boggling woods. We also feature the Internet’s 1st Alumni run-store that sells non-institutional products. There are about 500+ photos ranging between 1887 and 2005.

The site URL is http://www.deepwoods80.com.

Look at the site and register from The Gutters. Pass the word around in your group.

Sorry about thislong comment, but then its a huge campus :-)

Ginkgo said...

wow..u sure are making history
A kiddo thts done her PhD....

u must be a genius :P

jeenu said...

hey vi
thanks girlie
was bogged down..but feeling better
Gi
very funny :P
cheers
jeenu

jeenu said...

hey ann
thanks for dropping by and u r kind words..will def look up at ur blog space :)
wish we all had the magical shoes that will take us all home when we tap it :D
cheers
jeenu

Ananth said...

Hi,
I completely and hopelessly empathize your feelings...
Reading this, i remember: I was attending a yog program where they said something of the following:
When you are a child you are happy by nature. Somebody has to make you unhappy. When you are grown up you are perpetually unhappy. Something or somebody has to make you happy... :-(