Thursday, December 22, 2005

Twenty things about me..(Dedicated to Gi..:D)

Now that i have written the title of the blog..i dont know where to start..hmmmm
20. I was born under the water sign of scorpio and for some absurd reason i feel proud about the fact. :)
19. I love to work out and iam a regular at the university gym..being in a good shape(mentally as well as physically) is very important for me.
18. I love reading science fiction and fantasy books i sometimes imagine myself as a character in to one of those worlds and have a great time day dreaming..i have been known to zone out like quite often during seminars in our department ;)
17. I feel a sense of loss as if a good friend has left me when i complete a good book...
16. i like to sing and dance when iam in a good mood..my living room floor is a witness to that...
15. MY favourite movie right now is the green mile...
14. I was the only girl in my group who did not cry at the end of "titanic"..towards the end i actually rooted for the jack character to die soon..so i can go home..
13. The first time i heard the song " be with you" by enrique..i just fell in love with him ..
12. my favourite colours are black, pink and red..
11. i love to shop especially shoes and sandals...i have a small collection of them with me..
10. I was the captain of my school's Kho Kho team .
9. i love maniratnam movies..Anjali is my favourite..followed by "mouna ragam"
8. i got my first barbie doll when i was 8 and i still have her with me...
7. i love hiking, canoing and kayaking and do that whenever i have time .
6. the best concert i have attended was "euphoria" in IIT-Sarang 2001
5.I believe i can fly is my favourite song...
4. After comming to US tea has become my most fav beverage..( yes i come from a family of coffee drinkers but cant stand it myself).
3. The person who i look up to most is my dad..if i can do half of what he has done i would consider myself to be successful.
2. i can talk for a long time..my longest conservation on the phone was for 9hrs and 32 mins ( thanks to free PCS to PCS from sprint..i did not go bankrupt) and i have made many successful attempts to equal that record..:D
1.I firmly believe that" future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"
now iam on a roll and dont want to stop..but Gi did say only 20 things about me...:D
cheers
jeenu

16 comments:

Rays Of Sun said...

Me FIRST:)

Rays Of Sun said...

Wow:) So cool to read about the 20 thingies about you. Though, I think you are much more than that:)

9 hrs?? :O
Babes.I thought I was the only one who talked that long:)

I beleive I can fly is one of my fav songs too:)

Really nice:)
I add my own about you: She has a "Goldilock"like tresses and they are much more prettier coz they are nice black in color:)

Thanu said...

//I was the only girl in my group who did not cry at the end of "titanic"..

I didn't cry either. Then again I never cry watching movies.

vi said...

Nice to meet you Jeens!
Well, pink is a nice color but its kind of difficult to read pink text (Just having some fun with ya!!!)
Proud to be a scorp? You go girl!

Loved the movie "Anjali"...
Haven't seen "Green Mile" or titanic...:( But I probably won't cry either...:)

vi

jeenu said...

hey rays
well yeah iam def more than those 20 things...imagine a gal who can talk 9 hrs defined by 20 thigies :D
hey thanu
there were 6 of us gals who went to see the movie titanic and i spent 30 mins after the movie getting tissues and coffee for 5 of them :D that is why that incident is so memorable for em..:D
hey Vi
scorp spirit ..rite girlie ;)
green mile is a good movie and a great book too..:)
cheers
jeenu

aria said...

Ohh great jeenu ..
Would have loved to know 20 more ..
"feel a sense of loss as if a good friend has left me when i complete a good book..."
My favorite in the blog!

I'd fallen in love with enrique - when I saw him first too .. n yeah .. titanic was sucha bore..
Btw I'm sure I have done tht 9 hr talking on fone as well. :D

Nandya said...

typical girlie stuff....ok..:)

need some more scandalous and controversial stuff....we need to enrich the world with ...

Priya Sivan said...

Jeenu! Amazing! Talking for 9 hours and still trying to brk ur own record! Do try audio blogging :))

The Individualist said...

rays of sun, I love your ID. I love the sun and so, your ID as well.

"1.I firmly believe that" future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" "

That, according to me, would be the best of the lot. I would alter it a bit if it were for me.
1.I firmly believe that "future belongs to those who follow their dreams" This is because almost everyone I know of, dreams and worse, don't follow their dreams. Leaving it just it was... a dream. And you want to know the worst thing? It is that they believe in the beauty of their dreams. Somehow, baffles me how you can believe in something and do something else, and blame it on people around you for putting you under unescapable conditions.

And when I was under the height of my depravity, I spoke for around 4 hours. My highest ever. And am disgusted at it. Not because I could not speak for more. But because I'd spoken that long.

All in all, made for good reading. Thanks for it.

Bhole said...

9 hrs 32 mins and you still wanna break that record :)

In general all girls like to talk, except few ;)

Nice meeting you Jeenu :)

Kiranz..!! said...

nice 20'z..!!

Ginkgo said...

wowie...
How cud I be so late to comment on a post that was dedicated to me..that too in the title....

Im so sorry, my friend..:-)

Nice list u got there...
Let me read it before I comment on it :-D

The dedication made me comment first before I read it...;-)

jeenu said...

hey everyone
iam out on vacation so could not comment on ur comments :D
actually iam still on vacation just thought i will peek in...and could not refrain from commenting
seems like the 9 hrs talk on cell phone seems to amaze some ppl...well anyone willing to help me break that record .....:Dlolz
hey maddy,anuskha, the induvidualist and kiranz
welcome to jeenu's world ..hope to see u ppl more often here :)
hey aria
nice to know that there are few ppl out there who did not cry for titanic :D..now i can tell my girl pals iam not weird..now that i have u thanu, priya, vi and anuskha on the list...to name a few ofcourse
hey nandu
iam a girl yaar so ofcourse iam entitled to write a lot of girlie blogs :D
look out for the scandalous ones in the future though..:D
Gi
iam still waiting for u r comment on this blog..:(
hey bhole
well iam not defined just by this 20 yaar...:D
and to all junta here last but not the least HAPPY NEWYEAR
cheers
jeenu

Ginkgo said...

good one Jeens

But then u have to proove me that u can talk for 9 hrs ...which means:P

and wutz with the Gym..do u 'work' there or do u 'work out' there :P

ya, u can take enrique, so that I can take his current gf ...deal wat say ;-)

jeenu said...

hey GI
i work out in the university gym :P
well deal..u get anna and i get enrique ;)
cheers
jeenu

Ginkgo said...

oyee...enga kaanama poytaeel..:-)